SNOW!

Posted by Somnium Exertus | Posted in , | Posted on 12:05


I think my mustache naturally lends itself toward making silly faces, specifically surprised ones. Yesterday it was styled to straight out horizontally, but the act of sleeping made it bend up like you see here. Funny how that works, eh?

 One thing I have to say right away is that despite only being on my 4th day of my new awesome healthy diet, it's turned out to be more filling, gives me more energy, tastes great and is DIRT CHEAP! Yes, I'm being a nerd and keeping track of everything that I eat and figuring out the cost of it, but do you really expect anything different from me? Didn't think so. Tomorrow I'll see about making a standard breakfast and take a pic so you see how good it looks and then tell you the total cost.

It's still snowing out like crazy, not that it's sticking around a whole hell of a lot, but a lot of it has come down. This would be an awesome year to come to Canada to study at the university as an exchange student from a country that never sees snow. I've talked to one such student a few years ago and he was somewhat miffed by the fact that during the whole winter season he was here he didn't really get to see snow, just a few flurries. Oddly enough, his flight out of the country was in a few days, as was a Nor-Easter, so he may have just missed out on his chance to frolic in the snow. On the flip side, I would imagine the rains in central Africa to be much warmer than our rainfalls, so I guess that's the analogue I could miss out if I left right at the beginning of the rainy season.

A South African enjoying "one of the heaviest snowfalls
in decades" in 2007. Pretoria last saw snow in 1968.



We're supposed to get 15cm today and tonight, and a quick check on The Weather Network says that over the past 30 years, the average monthly snowfall amounts are 53, 30, 44 and 26cm for January through April. It looks like 1997, 1998 and 1999. Over the same period of time, we average 18, 9, 12 and 7 days with snowfall for the month. Snow snow snow snow snow! My only complaint about snow? I wish it came down in neon colours some day. I'd totally enjoy neon purple snow.

I think purple snow would be legit.


Song of the day: Shpongle - Connoisseur of Hallucination
Page of the day: Hipster Hitler #30
Pocket change: $0.00

Comments Posted (0)